
Dear SB students,
We have noticed a disturbing trend of students coming in late for classes.
I would like to remind you that punctuality is an important aspect of education and it is one of the basic requirements when you enter the workforce. Being late also disrupt classes and affect your capacity to follow what is taught in class. It also causes inconveniences to your workgroup or project members in project work.
From next Monday, (August 1st), your lecturer will mark you as absent if you arrive 15 minutes after the class has started. Even with this grace period of 15 minutes, I hope you will exercise self-discipline and be on time for classes.
I would also like to highlight that if your attendance rate of a module falls below 75%, you will be debarred from taking the module exam or be given a Pass/Fail grade (Grade Point of 0.5 equivalent to a D-) for the module.
Let’s work together, make SP an excellent learning place for all.