
Conducted free health check-up for elderly living in toa payoh estates! It’s so fun and enriching… I think it’s sort of like first time I did decent voluntary work. Good experience cause I get to learn many things from this event. Love the feeling of contributing back to the society. And… Elderly are not that nan gao after all… XD
Equipment needed to get started! We are Group D! With fellow group members: Mabel, Kane and Weiwen. We were told to use hand sanitizer for hygiene purpose but we usually forget while going from one house to another. Well if we really do follow the sanitizing policy I think my hand might rot at the end of the day….
Free brown rice to be distributed to the needy families…
one of our visited household is this uncle who migrated from China Fujian at age of 15. Saw his photo on his wall at his house! Uncle so handsome when he was young! Very friendly also, I like! Uncle expert at Chinese medicine. He even took out a herbal encyclopedia with all his notes and stuff to show us some more! Kind uncle also offered us his secret medication recipe for several illnesses! oh, and not forgetting the super nice handwriting… Makes me want see him write calligraphy…! My favourite elderly.
Other visits with other households… on overall it’s great interacting with them Good to hear the thoughts of elderly sometimes. It makes you enlightened… I can say.
Group shots! My dear Group D, happy memories!
Ok then now sharing other pictures!
Ok really enjoyed today. Voluntary service not only makes the benefited happy, it makes the benefitting happy too. :D always learn to give and take, a very very important lesson learnt. Happiness can be multiplied through sharing it.